HISTORIC FAIR HILL is a 300-year old Quaker burial ground, the final resting place of important Abolitionists and Reformers including Robert Purvis and Lucretia Mott.

The land was willed by George Fox, the founder of Quakerism, to American Quakers in 1691 for use as “a meeting house and a school house and a burying place and for a playground for the children in the town to play on, and for a garden to plant with physical plants, for lad and lasses to make simples and learn to make oils and ointments.” Historic Fair Hill, Inc. interprets George Fox’s wishes for today’s world by operating Historic Fair Hill as a nature and history education center.

Historic Fair Hill

Address
2901 Germantown Ave. at Cambria St.
Philadelphia, PA 19133

Mailing Address
5501 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144

Map & Directions
Programs & Events

Contact
Phone: 215-870-8348
Email: info@historicfairhill.com

Hours

Visitors welcome daylight hours through the Cambria St pedestrian gates.
 

History tours offered May through October:
Second Saturdays: 12am – 4pm
And by appointment and for special events

Admission: Free

Public Transportation
on the #23 bus line, walking distance from the North Philadelphia stop on the Broad St. subway line and the North Philadelphia Amtrak and Septa Regional Rail train stations.

Historic Fair Hill Website