Historic Germantown is a partnership of 18 extraordinary historic houses, destinations, and museums in Northwest Philadelphia that have joined together to protect, preserve, and share some of Philadelphia’s prized historical assets. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Historic Germantown, located just minutes from Center City, is where one of Philadelphia’s Revolutionary War Battles was fought; where the first-ever American protest against slavery was written; and where one of the few remaining houses on the Underground Railroad still stands.
Historic Germantown will be a leader in enhancing the economic and cultural development of our community through the collective voice of its member sites.
Historic Germantown is a partnership organization serving historic sites in Philadelphia’s Old German Township that works collaboratively to preserve its extraordinary historic assets, increase access, interpret them to the public and raise their visibility.
ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship
- Leading Edge Fellowships place recent humanities PhDs with nonprofit organizations committed to promoting social justice in their communities. Fellows lead substantive projects that draw on the skills and capacities honed in the course of earning the humanities PhD, including advanced communication, research, project management, and creative problem solving.
- Stipend: $60,000 plus health insurance and professional development funding
- Tenure: 12 months beginning in September 2021
- Applications will be accepted only through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org). Please do not contact any of the organizations directly.
- Application deadline: May 6, 2021, 9pm EDT
- More Info Here
Historic Germantown 2021 Board
James Earl Davis
Valarie E. Swain-Cade McCoullom, PhD